Monthly Wine Spotlight - 2009 Zinfandel
Each month, we pick a featured wine and our kitchen prepares a dish to create a perfect pairing recipe! This month the Peju Kitchen suggests a bottle of Peju 2009 Zinfandel paired with this Molten Lava Cake.
- Peju 2009 Zinfandel, Buy it Here >
• Melted Butter
FOR THE CAKE
• 1 tbsp
FOR THE CAKE
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cover inside of ramekins with melted butter and then dust with cocoa powder. Set aside
3. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring with a whisk.
4. Whisk together eggs, sugar, and zinfandel in a bowl to blend.
5. Blend together egg mixture with melted chocolate and butter and then stir in flour and salt, just until combined.
6. Pour batter evenly into 4 ramekins and bake 7-10 minutes for a molten center and 10-12 minutes for soft cake center.
7. Take out of oven and let cool for 2 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Serve with berries or ice cream and eat while still hot.
View our 2012 February Wine of the Month Spotlight >
View our 2012 March Wine of the Month Spotlight >
View our 2012 April Wine of the Month Spotlight >
View our 2012 May Wine of the Month Spotlight >
View our 2012 July Wine of the Month Spotlight >