email@example.com — www.zarmig.com
My paintings are inspired by a variety of observations drawn from my family, travels and the surrounding environment. Art helps me voice my emotions and thoughts.
I enjoy the process of searching for balance between color, texture, composition and context. Each painting has its own unique story and character.
My goal is to maintain continuity between the vibrant energy of color and brush stroke in my artwork.
Zarmine Aghazarian was born in Yerevan, Armenia. She developed her interest in art at a very early age. In the mid 1970's, Zarmine moved to the United States and turned her attention to the new family she was raising. Her continued love of art prompted Zarmine to take art classes at Diablo Valley College, City of Walnut Creek and City of Orinda community centers. As her art styling matured, she experimented with different medias such as watercolor, mixed media and oil.
At present, she is concentrating on acrylics. Zarmine lives in Orinda with her family. Zarmine is a member of the Lamorinda Arts Alliance. The Valley Art Gallery in Walnut Creek currently exhibits her work. Her artwork is also available for viewing by appointment in her Orinda studio.
Art Exhibitions (partial list)
• 2007-2013 - Valley Art Gallery, Walnut Creek
• 2008-2013 - AMFA Gallery, Orinda and Berkeley
• 2009, 2010 - Hamazkayin Art Exhibition, Union Square, SF
• 2008, 2009, 2010 - Theater Square Art Exhibition, Orinda
• 2002-2008 - Lamorinda Arts Alliance Open Studios, Orinda
• 2006, 2007 - Orinda Library Art Gallery, Solo Exhibit
• 2004, 2005 - Wine and Art Show, Orinda Studio
• 2005 - Absolutely Abstract Show, Berkeley
• 2004 - California State Fair, Sacramento