415.456.8052 | email@example.com
1967, Hohenems, Austria — Moved from Austria to California in 1996
I work towards simple shapes, listening for what wants to come through.
My process follows my relationship with the material, and evolves as my piece takes form.
I follow my intuition. The final result is often a surprise.
“Silvia reduces her form to its very essence, thereby enabling her sculpture to reveal
its very own truth. So many artists aspire to this, but few succeed.” - Emily Lazarre
• 1984-1987 - R.N., Nursing School, Innsbruck, Austria
• 1988-1995 - Studied dance, drawing, watercolor with various teachers, Austria
• 1996-1997 - Tamalpa Institute Expressive Arts, Kentfield, California
• 1999-2012 - Sculpture, drawing, painting, watercolor, College of Marin, Kentfield, Ca. Studied with Emily Lazarre and Chester Arnold.
• Aug. 2011 - California Sculpture SLAM, San Luis Obispo Museum of Art,
San Luis Obispo, California, juried by Charles Arnoldi
• Dec. 2008 - “Conversations: A Group Show”, Marin Museum of Contemporary Art, Novato, California
• July 2008 - Fine Art/Fine Craft, Marin County Fair, San Rafael, California
• May 2008 - Student Show, College of Marin, Kentfield, California
• 2007 - Diversity in Art Fair, Kaiser Permanente, San Rafael, California
• 2007 - Student Show, College of Marin, Kentfield California
• 2006 - Student Show, College of Marin, Kentfield, California
• 2004 - To Never Forget: Faces of the Fallen, College of Marin, Kentfield,
• 2006 - Marge Cutler Scholarship, College of Marin, Kentfield, California