Summer is full of fresh fruit, frozen treats and chilled wine. As our favorite time of year winds down, we decided to soak up what’s left of summer with these delicious Mulberry Tess Popsicles. With the help of Chef Alex and mulberries from our Rutherford Estate, we’ve crafted a simple, delicious dessert that you can serve at your next summer gathering or enjoy on a relaxing Saturday afternoon.
- 4 oz. Water
- 1 lb. Fresh, ripe mulberries (about 3 cups)
- 4 oz. Dark organic cane sugar or agave
- 6 oz. Tess Red Wine Blend
- 2 oz. Lemon juice
- Create simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a saucepan; heat on medium stirring continuously until sugar completely dissolves then let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Wash mulberries and dry with paper towel. Using a blender, puree berries with lemon juice.
- Mix together 6 oz. of simple syrup and 6 oz. of Tess then add the pureed mulberry-lemon mixture.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, add sticks and freeze until solid (5 to 6 hours).
- Remove popsicles from molds and serve!
Chef’s Note: If you don’t have mulberries, these popsicles are equally delicious with blackberries. You can also substitute Peju Provence for Tess Red Wine Blend.