Looking for a fun way to serve wine this winter? Or maybe you’re looking for a unique item to bring to a holiday party? Look no further! Sangria and mulled wine are two festive ways to share your favorite wine this holiday season.
It may seem like sangria is only a summertime drink, but it’s a wonderful way to enjoy wine year-round! Make your sangria more suitable for winter by using suitable fruits and flavors.
What You’ll Need
- 3 Cloves
- 4 Kumquats
- 2 Cherries
- 1 oz Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 oz Tess Red Wine Blend (you can also use Peju Provence)
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liquor
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- Angostura Bitters
- Basil Leaves
- Thinly Sliced Jalapeno (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cloves, kumquats and cherries.
- Add remaining liquid ingredients and shake vigorously
- Strain over fresh ice and garnish with basil leaf, cherry, kumquat and thin slice of jalapeno.
- Serve in your choice of glassware (we love serving sangria in mason jars)!
There is nothing better than cozying up to the fire with a hot drink and the ones you love. Who said wine can’t be included in the “hot beverage” category? Try our delicious winter mulled wine and stay warm this winter! Plus, get everything you need to make your own mulled wine with our Mulled Wine Gift Set.
- 1 Large Orange
- 1 Pinch of Fresh Nutmeg
- 6 Whole Cloves
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 20 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 6 Juniper Pods
- 1 Bottle of Tess
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- Cinnamon Stick (add additional for garnish as desired)
- In a large pot, zest then juice the orange.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cook over high heat until sugar dissolves and liquid is boiling.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer until flavors have been melded, about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour through a mesh strainer and serve in your choice of ceramic or insulated mug.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.