For the past 35 years, Auction Napa Valley (ANV) has raised over $145 million for community health and children’s education nonprofits by inviting wine lovers and collectors to enjoy the region and bid on live lots, barrel lots and e-auction lots.
As activities ramp up this week, here are some tips for getting the most out of ANV this weekend:
1. Bid in Your Pajamas
Can’t make it out to the valley this year? Don’t fret! Partake in the exciting e-auction featuring unparalleled dining opportunities, interactive experiences, exclusive reserve wines and more. Peju is offering a one-of-a-kind Pizza Perfect winery experience for eight people (Lot #427), which includes a private winery tour and tasting, lunch in our beautiful vineyard, cases of wine and more. For full details, to view the lots and bid, click here. Bidding closes Saturday, June 6.
2. Become the Proud Owner of an Exclusive Barrel Lot
Mix and mingle with hundreds of winemakers and taste coveted wines directly from the barrel! Check out the participating winery offerings and what they will be sampling before you attend, and plan ahead so you can taste what you think you’d like to bid on. Have a strategy when you’re bidding, as the top ten bidders on each lot will secure a future release case of that wine. Socialize, sip and enjoy!
3. Ready, Set, Bid!
The weekend all comes down to this: the June 6 live auction featuring 50 lots from all over the valley. If this is your first time at a live auction, here are a few guidelines:
- View the auction lots online before you arrive so you know what you’d like to bid on and how much you’d like to spend.
- Be mindful of your arm and hand gestures during bidding, you don’t want to end up going home with something you didn’t mean to bid on!
- Discuss your auction plan ahead of time with any friends who are also attending. This ensures you’re all aware of who plans to bid on what and you don’t compete with each other for the same items.
- Try not to audibly express your excitement for an item when it’s revealed. Showing your excitement might make other attendees feel as if they are missing out on something, and could drive up the price of the lot.
- Don’t offer your maximum bid right out of the gate, or you may end up spending more than you need to. Auctioneers increase the bids in increments, so you may end up getting your lot for less than you were willing to pay (which means more money to bid on other lots).
- Enjoy yourself! Live auctions are fast-paced and exciting, and Auction Napa Valley is no exception.
4. Have Fun!
You’re spending a week in one of the most beautiful regions in the world, so come early and take advantage of all it has to offer! Don’t forget about the winery open houses Sunday, June 7, where Auction Napa Valley ticket holders can visit several host wineries for tasting, food pairing and more.
For a full event schedule or more information, visit the Auction Napa Valley website.