Seared Halibut with Warm Organic Artichokes
Seared Halibut, Warm Organic Artichokes, Pappardelle Pasta, Thyme Brown Butter
Download Recipe >
For the Seared Halibut
For the Warm Organic Artichokes
For the Pappardelle Pasta
For the Thyme Brown Butter
• Whole Butter
• Heavy Cream
• Thyme (fresh, chopped)
- Peel and remove choke.
- Place in a large sauté pan with garlic, thyme and season.
- Roast the artichokes at 340°F for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Cut into quarters and toss with finished pasta.
- In a large saucepot add butter and cream.
- On high heat cook until it clears up and smells like roasted nuts.
- The milk solids should have separated onto the bottom.
- Strain through a chinois and cool and add fresh thyme.
- Heat up just before severing with pasta.
- In a mixer add flour and make a well for the eggs and cream.
- Add salt and mix on lowest speed until a ball forms.
- Continue mixing mix till elastic and smooth.
- Wrap with plastic and let the dough relax for an hour.
- Roll pasta out on a pasta machine till the thinnest it will go.
- Then cut large strip and cook in chicken stock.
- Add thyme brown butter and warm artichokes.
- Season to taste.